A child is the father of a Nation. Education gives shape to the saying .Swami Vivekanand explained the power of education as “ I consider that the great national sin is the neglect of masses. No amount of politics would be of any avail until the masses of India are more well-educated, well-fed and well-cared for “. Education, the strong pillar of prosperous society is leaving the roots. Schools have become money-making machines where students are dealt as commodities for huge profit earning. A quality overhauling of ever falling education system by Govt. and the educational institutes is to be done, as it is not too late.
ROLE OF GOVT.
- The Govt. allocated roughly 80000 crores for the education sector. It is 3.71% of GDP in comparison to 4.4% in 1999. Govt. must infuse more and sufficient capital in the education system and try to plug the funding leaks.
- Many schools have become a statistic and used for heavy profit earning with claims of increased data of enrolment ratio, literacy rates. The feathers to be cut by correct rules and laws with smart implementation.
- School fees are touching the sky, unbearable for common people. it is to be attacked by strict guidelines and law framing. The school fee rates to be fixed with administrative control. The standards of Govt. schools should be improved defeating the private costly schools.
- The heaviness of courses and syllabus creating unbearable stress and depression must be made mild.
- Education system to be centralized. Our system having two national boards, 28 state boards are not better than Singapore where almost all children go to public schools. Also, central regulations are to be re-assessed.
- The entry of money launderers and politicians to be watched and restricted.
- Reservation / management quota is to be beaten .
- Nearly 30% of teachers time is spent on non-education works such as manning election booths, volunteering for polio vaccination campaigns. It is to be discouraged by rethinking.
ROLE IN THE FIELD
- Education is used only for financial security pursuing the excellence in form of high marks only. It ought to produce not only information but innovative skills. The testing and marking system needs extreme changes to put the education system in right direction.
- Lack of quality teachers is giving more pain in the backbone of the education system . Smarter teachers engagement with pre-service and in-service training will provide quality teaching. Basic of teaching says a teacher should not become angry with a single wrong answer rather show praise for three right answers. Teachers giving life-long learning to be appointed.
- Schools focusing only marketing rather than innovations to be listed for serious actions.
- The infrastructure of all schools needs to follow the guidelines. Mainly, classrooms for quality teaching, the arrangement of first aid box, the safety of pupils are of top priority.
- Coaching classes and private tuitions are increasing 35% per year. It has become an industry of 40 billion dollars. This rapid rocketing speed will get setback only through QUALITY and sincere teaching by schools and admitting students within capacity. Each and every pupil to get the taste of group tuition in the classroom teaching where equal concentration on all is given.
Our education system is good enough. Just kicking some grass and move ahead with reforming mentality may show the path. LET US BE A PART OF IT.